Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> on 2019/04/03 09:39:54 UTC

netbeans slack on theasf

Hi folks,

As part of a request to connect Jenkins build (for maven and apidoc) to our
netbeans.slack, I was told that we could move/migrate to the slack atasf  to
use  their .

 Maybe the more technical channels, like jira,github-repo can be recreated
at asfslack.

  It may be easier for people having multiple apache project to be there.

Regards

Eric

RE: netbeans slack on theasf

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi
 As the only available solution for Jenkins to slack was to use asfslack I created a netbeans-builds channel. It's intended more for Apache NetBeans Infra than for mainstream users like the netbeanslack.
As we got a push issue with the website I append the website jenkins build with such notification.

Regards
Eric

De : Wade Chandler <wa...@apache.org> Envoyé : mercredi 3 avril 2019 13:55 À : dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org Objet : Re: netbeans slack on theasf

Is there a limitation on the Jira tooling preventing using the current Slack? Seems easier to keep it in one place at the moment, then have a bigger discussion about moving it all to Apache Slack otherwise. I don't know about others, but I am a member of multiple Slack groups, per different OSS groups even, so don't see adding a group as a limitation.
That part is super easy.

For instance, there are multiple channels on the current Slack group, and NetBeans covers many technologies. The channel names in Slack have fairly short char limits, so preceding them all with netbeans- would not work well. This seems way more difficult that explaining where Slack is and how to access it for everything NetBeans, but we can see.

I guess I'm just thinking priorities. I'd rather spend time getting more of the project itself in working order right now unless there is a real limitation. Initially we had to debate the use of Slack at all as an example, so some time under the bridge there. But certainly interested in everyone's opinions.

Thanks

Wade

AW: netbeans slack on theasf

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.