Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ted <r6...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/12 04:53:32 UTC

does cxf work with openjdk now? or is it still no-go?

Just wondering if anyone is running cxf with openjdk. (1.6)

Our application runs fine with the sun jdk but a slew of users have had
problems when they tried open jdk. On the mail-lists there was mention of
it not working but that was 3 years ago now I couldn't find anything
recent. The CXF mentions "jdk" compatability but doesn't specify if they're
talking about open-jdk or sun-jdk.

I was just wondering if there's an update on the issue, is it suppose to
work now? (and it's just my application that's messed up) or is everyone
else using the sun jdk still?

Re: does cxf work with openjdk now? or is it still no-go?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
This would likely fall into a JAXB thing, not really CXF.  You may be able
to work around it by grabbing the latest JAXB jars and making sure they are
picked up.  Likely put them in the jre/lib/endorsed dir.

Dan

Daniel Kulp

Re: does cxf work with openjdk now? or is it still no-go?

Posted by Ted <r6...@gmail.com>.
[...]

">
      <return>
        <birthDate>1991-02-01T00:00:00+11:00</birthDate>
        <firstName>pat1-fn</firstName>
        <gender>F</gender>
        <id>6</id>
      </return>
    </ns2:getPersonResponse>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

in openjdk I get :

ID: 3
Encoding: UTF-8
Headers: {}
Payload: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
  <soap:Body>
    <ns2:login2Response xmlns:ns2="http://ws.myoscar_server.oscarehr.org/">
      <return>
        <person>
          <birthDate>1991-02-01T00:00:00+11:00</birthDate>
          <firstName>pat1-fn</firstName>
          <gender>F</gender>
        </person>
      </return>
    </ns2:login2Response>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:53:32 PM Ted wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone is running cxf with openjdk. (1.6)
> >
> > Our application runs fine with the sun jdk but a slew of users have had
> > problems when they tried open jdk. On the mail-lists there was mention of
> > it not working but that was 3 years ago now I couldn't find anything
> > recent. The CXF mentions "jdk" compatability but doesn't specify if
> > they're talking about open-jdk or sun-jdk.
> >
> > I was just wondering if there's an update on the issue, is it suppose to
> > work now? (and it's just my application that's messed up) or is everyone
> > else using the sun jdk still?
>
> Honestly, I've never tried it.  There doesn't seem to be a Gentoo ebuild in
> portage for it or I would.
>
> CXF 1.6.1 should definitely work better than previous versions.   We've
> done
> a lot of testing with Java7  (Oracle) and fixes all the issues we found.
> With OpenJDK being similar to the Oracle 7 stuff, it may "just work".
>
> Definitely give it a spin and see if anything fails.   I'd be very curious
> to see how it works.
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp

Ted.

Re: does cxf work with openjdk now? or is it still no-go?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
I believe we test on the Oracle and IBM JDKs, but I've never heard of
openjdk testing.

Glen

--
Glen Mazza