Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/02/20 22:50:19 UTC

Map return type in action

Hi,

I just a need a gory detail I am not able to find. When I write my own action
file and its returns a map. How can I use the map in my xsp which gets
executed when my action is succesful.

Something like getParamter etc... can someone please write the syntax to get
the Map details from a action.

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: Map return type in action

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Anna Bikkina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just a need a gory detail I am not able to find. When I write my own action
> file and its returns a map. How can I use the map in my xsp which gets
> executed when my action is succesful.
>
> Something like getParamter etc... can someone please write the syntax to get
> the Map details from a action.
>
> Thanks,
> Anna.

Action:
-------

map.put("foo", "bar");
return map;

Sitemap:
--------

<map:act type="...">
   <map:generate type="xsp" src="myserverpage.xsp">
     <map:parameter name="foo" value="{foo}"/>
   </map:generate>
</map:act>

XSP:
----

try {
     String foo = parameters.getParameter("foo");
}
catch (ParameterException e) {
     throw new ProcessingException(e);
}