Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Brekke, Jeff" <Je...@qg.com> on 2002/09/17 22:10:33 UTC

Promotion of NET issues ( was RE: [VOTE] Promote NET to commons p roper was Release Plans )

Summarizing issues delaying promotion:

*) No Status file.

I skimmed the charter again, and it refers to a status file to list
committers.  Won't either the generated docs or the project.xml due for that
information?  There is a task/todo list also, but again it contains items to
change after a release.

*) Not enough committers/small developer community

Understood.  As stated there seems to be a larger user community.  Before
the import into the sandbox there was a fair amount of both user and
development traffic on the yahoo mailing list.  It seems that the
commons-dev list sort of drowned out or scared off some potential
users/developers.  Just a thought.

*) (implied) More unit tests.

I do agree that more unit tests will help when making changes, but we
purposely trying not to make changes since the drop was from the production
version of NetComponents.  The ftp2 stuff could/should actually be removed
from the production drop.  We can do this if/when the tree is moved.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

Jeffrey D. Brekke                                   Quad/Graphics
Jeff.Brekke@qg.com                              http://www.qg.com