Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Moacir Cardoso <mo...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/11/01 02:59:35 UTC

Problems with Number Format

Hello,
I want to show in my textfield control a formated value.

In my globalMessages.properties I've this
format.number={0,number,###,##0.00}

This code works fine
<s:text name="format.number"><s:param name="value" value="myFieldValue"
/></s:text>

But can't use it with a <s:textfield name="myFieldValue"
id="myFieldValue" label="myFieldValue:"/> and apply the format to it.

?????? help!!!

Re: Problems with Number Format

Posted by Moacir Cardoso <mo...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi everyone,
I've found the source off my problem.
It seams that if you want to format a value in s:textfield tag you have to:

<s:text id="myFieldValueID" name="format.number"><s:param name="value"
value="myFieldValue" /></s:text>
<s:textfield id="txtmyFieldValue" name="myFieldValue"
value="%{myFieldValueID}"/>

The magic trick is the id attribute of s:text tag.

But will have some problems if I don't initialize myFieldValue in the
default constructor of my action and I don't know why.