Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Steven Schreiber <sc...@neomar.com> on 2002/05/13 04:17:04 UTC

.NET Client calling Axis service with Bean Datatype returned

I've recently been working on getting a .NET (ASP.NET using C#) client to
call a stubbed out and deployed Axis service.  I've done testing with basic
services that return simple datatypes (such as a String) and all is well.
However, the service I'm currently working on returns a complex object and
is deployed in axis using the BeanSerializer method.

Testing using a Java/Axis client works perfectly.  Unfortunately, when using
this same method in .NET, a valid reference to the object is returned but
the values inside that object are null.

I've used the TCPMonitor to see what's getting passed back and forth, and it
seems (to my newbie eyes) to be AOK.  I noticed a posting earlier that
seemed to have this same issue, but the resolution was never detailed.  Is
this a known interoperability issue between the two toolkits?

THE TCPMonitor Message Trace: