Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hermes Moraes <he...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 16:09:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache listening on UDP ports

Dear all,

   I'm wondering how to get Apache listening on TCP and UDP ports. I've
found an option through Apache CXF framework but it seems to be quite
complex (Web-Services, XML, etc.).
   All I need is a simple HTTP server with one or two simple web pages
answering requests on TCP or UDP ports. Any idea/direction?

With best regards,
Hermes.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache listening on UDP ports

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
HTTPD as currently released does not support listening on UDP ports.

A request like this came up in 2007 (
http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=118950412526067&w=2). At that
time, someone came up with patches to make it work, but those haven't been
maintained and there is no guarantee they would work now.

See: http://marc.info/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=118899142517560&w=2

- Y

Posted by Marat Khalili <mk...@rqc.ru>.
Well, you can redirect UDP to TCP with tools like netcat. Not sure what you want to achieve, though. HTTP is mostly stream-oriented IMO.
--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili