Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by Jean-Francois Poilpret <jf...@hcm.vnn.vn> on 2004/12/19 18:50:43 UTC

Announcement: HiveTranse 0.3.0 released on SourceForge

Dear HiveMind users,

In the previous weeks, I have been working a bit on the next version of
HiveTranse, and I wanted to announce its latest release to the HiveMind
community.

The major improvements are:
- "Open Session in View" support for Hibernate (thank to Richard Hensley's
suggestion)
- brand new support for iBATIS SqlMaps (it was not planned so early, but I
realized that iBATIS would be much more useful in my next project than
Hibernate...)

The original announcement as posted on SourceForge follows.

Cheers

	Jean-Francois Poilpret

Announcement on SourceForge: HiveTranse 0.3.0 released!

The HiveTranse project team is pleased to announce the release of HiveTranse
0.3.0 on SourceForge.

HiveTranse is aiming to bring generic transaction support to the HiveMind
lightweight IoC container for Java, as well as easy integration with
persistence frameworks (like Hibernate and iBATIS).

New release 0.3.0 brings the following:
- new support for iBATIS SqlMaps V2 framework with a complete example
- support of "Open Session In View" pattern for Hibernate support
- example of AdapterBuilderFactory usage
- better build system (dependencies are now necessary only on target call)
- small bugs fixes in examples

HiveTranse current release supports the following features:
- generic framework for transparent transaction support
- programmatic and declarative transaction support are available
- injection of one or more JDBC Connections into your own services
- injection of one or more Hibernate Sessions into your own services
- injection of one or more iBATIS SqlMaps into your own services

The download comes in 3 flavors:
- source only (including build system)
- source, compiled jars, javadoc
- source, compiled jars, docs, and all dependent libraries
Please note that the example wars are not delivered in any package and must
explicitely be built through "ant war".

For more information on HiveTranse:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hivetranse/

The HiveTranse team