Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by byambajargal <by...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 14:40:48 UTC

What is the recommended number of zookeeper server on 11 nodes cluster

Hello everybody

I have run  a cluster with 11 nodes hbase CDH3u0 and i have 2 zookeeper
server in my cluster
It seems very slowly when i run the rowcounter example
my question is what is the recommended number of zookeeper server should
i run for 11 nodes cluster

cheers

Byambajargal

Re: What is the recommended number of zookeeper server on 11 nodes cluster

Posted by Bennett Andrews <be...@gmail.com>.
Running 2 ZooKeeper's isn't a good idea as it doesn't handle any server
failure. ZooKeeper needs a majority of nodes in the ensemble to be available
to handle failures. So 1,3,5 are better choices.

See:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/FAQ#A7
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup
<http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.3.3/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup>