Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Reinhard Brandstädter <re...@ams-engineering.com> on 2004/11/19 08:19:03 UTC

Repository Authentication with Perl Bindings

Hi,

how does one authenticate when acessing a repository via the Perl
bindings SVN::Ra ?
I'm trying  the fancy svn-graph.pl script but all my repositories need
authentication by default...

Reinhard

Re: Repository Authentication with Perl Bindings

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Reinhard_Brandst=E4dter?= <reinhard.brandstaedter@ams-engineerin
g.com> writes:

> how does one authenticate when acessing a repository via the Perl
> bindings SVN::Ra ?
> I'm trying  the fancy svn-graph.pl script but all my repositories need
> authentication by default...

You need something like this (derived from SVN::Mirror::Ra):

http://pretzelnet.org/~epg/SVNAuth.pm

This isn't a perl specific issue; everyone who wants to write to
the svn API from any language has to reinvent the auth prompting.
Obviously it makes sense for a GUI to reinvent this, but i think
it would be nice if libsvn_client included prompting functions
people could use or override, rather than forcing everyone to
roll their own.  Oh well :).

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org