Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jitu <ji...@andiamo.com> on 2003/07/03 08:02:04 UTC

[Commons-Net] - telnet issue...

Hi Jeffrey,

I am not sure if you are working on the the Commons-Net-Telnet code...

Commons-Net-Telnet code , works well when i try to connect to most
machines, but for a few particular machines, it just fails to work.
On debugging it seemed that
IAC WILL ECHO was being sent by these machines (telnet servers), but
commons-net telnet client failed to reply to that.
Hence, when i send username, after getting the login: prompt, the telnet
server does not give me Password: string. It just hangs at that point.

I modified the code a little to send a reply (IAC DO ECHO i think) when
i receive IAC WILL ECHO, things started working. But at best what i did
was a patch, without really understanding the code.

I am using 1.00 version, but i just saw problem exists with 1.0.1
version too.

I wonder if the problem really is with commons-net-telnet (particularly
Telnet.java) or something i am not doing right.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Jitu