Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/03 16:29:38 UTC

HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page!

Hello,

 I have a problem with my Tomcat instance, I'm using:

Tomcat 6.0.26
Java jdk 1.5.0_17
Windows XP SP3

   I have implemented a JAAS login module for my application and everything
goes fine except from one thing.

Here are the steps that I am doing:

1)Request a protected resource  -> the login form show's up and I enter my
username and password
2) I get into the application and everything looks fine but when I get back
to the login page and enter my username/password again I get the message:
(If I refresh the login page immediately when I hit the logout button
everything goes weel)
HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message* *Invalid direct reference to form login page*

*description* *The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect
(Invalid direct reference to form login page)*

*
*

*
*

*
*

*Thank you very much!*

Re: HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page!

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.
       I didn't found one.....I don't know, but when I close my browser or I
refresh the page it work's so it's definitely something about the session.

   Thank you!

Posted by "Propes, Barry L " <ba...@citi.com>.

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Propes, Barry L " <ba...@citi.com>.

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hello Barry,

Posted by "Propes, Barry L " <ba...@citi.com>.

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.
After I perform the log out I call a redirect function to a protected
resource and that goes well.

Somewhere I found that I need to set this tag in mai login.html page:

 <META HTTP-EQUIV = "Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
<META HTTP-EQUIV = "Cache-control" CONTENT="no-cache">

And I did that and after I hit the logout button and perform another login
it seem to work, but if I continue and log out and then again log in the
problem  occurs again!

Thank you for your time!

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.
 Please I really  need help. I found out today that it work's on opera to.

Many thanks!!!

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page!

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.
Sorry Pid I didn't noticed your message.

By "when I get back to the login page" I mean that I log out from my app and
then I redirect my app to a restricted resource and when my login page
appears I type my User/pass and the error occurs.

I want to add something, when I log out and after I redirect my app to a
protected resource the login page show's up if I hit the refresh button on
my browser and I type in my user/pass it works.

Thank you very much for your time!!!!
Really  appreciate!

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by "Propes, Barry L " <ba...@citi.com>.
It worked for some users; for others it did not.

I'm not sure I ever received a definitive reason for it happening - especially to random users -- but it happened to the same set of users most all the time, where others weren't affected.

You could try that first, and see if that worked. If not, I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe some others on this forum would know better than I.

Posted by Gheorghe Pucea <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hello Barry,

Posted by "Propes, Barry L " <ba...@citi.com>.
[...]

(If I refresh the login page immediately when I hit the logout button everything goes weel) HTTP Status 400 - Invalid direct reference to form login page
------------------------------

*type* Status report

*message* *Invalid direct reference to form login page*

*description* *The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid direct reference to form login page)*

*
*

*
*