Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/15 11:05:24 UTC

Dispatching flowscript commands

I'm looking through the docs for any mechanism for dispatching
flowscript fucntions from a form.. I'm thinking along the same lines
as JSF where buttons of different names are mapped to a method in a
backing bean..

Mark

Re: Dispatching flowscript commands

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
Interestingly form.submitId or the old
form.getWidget().getSubmitWidget() or form.getSubmitWidget()..

Its a pretty basic question is there no one who knows how to do this?

Mark

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
> I see you're getting into the true cocoon spirit!

Perhaps reluctantly yes..

I solved that problem, I'm still trying to distingish between whats up
with cocoon and the code these crack addicts wrote..

The nature of my problem is that I didn't reflect on how flowscript
works with showForm() the submitId wont appear until the submission
gets passed that bit of the code. I was errornously thinking that
submitId was just a wrapper around the request parameters, but when i
viewed the source there was no way that could have been the case.

I haven't found a way of mapping buttons to functions so I could have
a crud.js with save,delete and so on run on different button presses
(at least without client-side javascript which I don't like doing).

Thanks for the replies

Mark

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
No thats not the problem, although checging to submits was required anyway.

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.