Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Terry Warren <te...@trwarren.com> on 2019/04/16 02:22:16 UTC

[java]

Hi - I have a question regarding mysql server access from Netbeans java project, using netbeans 8.2; the project has been working fine until I recently upgraded the JConnector to be 8.0.15 (and server also upgraded to 8.0.15)

When I try to access the DB on the server I get error messages such as:

[EL Info]: 2019-04-15 17:45:41.769--ServerSession(1608659406)--EclipseLink, version: Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd
[EL Severe]: ejb: 2019-04-15 17:45:42.016--ServerSession(1608659406)--Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'PDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
Error Code: 0
4/15/19 5:45:42 PM PDT sqls: create connection: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.5.2.v20140319-9ad6abd): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'PDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
Error Code: 0

If I write a simpler program to simply access the DB directly using this connector, it also fails but can be corrected by adding &serverTimezone value to connection string.

So my question is: how do I achieve this same result when using the Netbeans entity management as I don't know how to add this parameter.( I can control the parameters: url, user and password).

The same problem occurs when using Netbeans 9 IDE.

thanks for any responses
Terry Warrenuser

Re: [java]

Posted by Terry Warren <te...@trwarren.com>.
Never mind; I was able to answer my own question. The answer is actually quite simple:

just needed to append the &serverTimezone=value to the url string passed in the properties object sent to the persistence entity manager

Re: [java]

Posted by Juan Miguel Escribano <ju...@gmail.com>.
I solved this adding the following line:

default_time_zone='+01:00'

At the end of my.cnf (Mysql Configuration File)

Best,
Juan Miguel