Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Greg Passmore <gr...@gemstone.com> on 2004/08/17 05:19:29 UTC

Help installing/building

Hello all,

This may have come up already, but I can't find any sort of mailing list
archive or anything like that. I'm trying to install and use JetSpeed 2 for
a portal project, but am unable to do so thus far. I was unable to find any
sort of 'release' so I checked out the source from CVS. I tried to build,
and got quite far, but failed in the tests. I got a NullPointer in
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletDescriptor.

Looking at the source, it appears that the 'engine' is null, and it is
unclear if this is a test problem or not.

Anyways, is there a stable revision I can checkout? Are there any releases?
Should I just comment out this test, or is it perhaps an environmental
problem? Here is the stack:

Writing out infused web.xml for unit-test

------------- ---------------- ---------------

------------- Standard Error -----------------

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.getRealPath(Jetspeed.java:110)

at
org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.processWebXML(Port
letApplicationWar.java:519)

at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.TestPortletDescriptor.testInfusingWebXML
(TestPortletDescriptor.java:407)

at
)

at
.java:25)

at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRu
nner.java:325)

at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestR
unner.java:536)

Thanks!

-Greg

Re: Help installing/building

Posted by Jaq Marit <ic...@slu.edu.ph>.
i get headaches with unit tests, too.  i usually skip the tests with
  maven -Dmaven.test.skip allClean allBuild
i never got j2 working without skipping the tests.  maybe this is because j2 is
still on alpha.