Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jason Foster <ja...@uwaterloo.ca> on 2001/06/07 22:20:42 UTC

and <

Yet another output escaping question (but I have read a bunch of
documentation)...

I'm trying to figure out a way for an Action to pass information to an XSP
or XSLT page.  My current plan is to use session attributes.

Action

  session.setAttribute( "result", "<RESULT type="good">Saved!</RESULT>" );

XSP

<xsp:logic>
  resultString = (String) <session:get-attribute name="results" />;
  if ( resultString != null )
  {
    <RESULTS>
      <session:get-attribute name="results" as="xml" />
    </RESULTS>
    <session:remove-attribute name="results" />
  }
</xsp:logic>

This is working reasonably well, except for the one problem that what
comes out is (slightly edited):

<RESULTS>
  <session:attribute>
     &lt;RESULT...RESULT&gt;
  </session:attribute>
</RESULTS>

Which of course isn't useful to me for later processing.

Does anyone know how to keep the output from being escaped?

Thanks!

Jason Foster

Re: and <

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.

Jason Foster a écrit :

> Yet another output escaping question (but I have read a bunch of
> documentation)...
>
> I'm trying to figure out a way for an Action to pass information to an XSP
> or XSLT page.  My current plan is to use session attributes.
>
> Action
>
>   session.setAttribute( "result", "<RESULT type="good">Saved!</RESULT>" );
>
> XSP
>
> <xsp:logic>
>   resultString = (String) <session:get-attribute name="results" />;
>   if ( resultString != null )
>   {
>     <RESULTS>
>       <session:get-attribute name="results" as="xml" />
>     </RESULTS>
>     <session:remove-attribute name="results" />
>   }
> </xsp:logic>
>
> This is working reasonably well, except for the one problem that what
> comes out is (slightly edited):
>
> <RESULTS>
>   <session:attribute>
>      &lt;RESULT...RESULT&gt;
>   </session:attribute>
> </RESULTS>
>
> Which of course isn't useful to me for later processing.
>
> Does anyone know how to keep the output from being escaped?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jason Foster

Just a thought : you could place a DOM element or an object implementing
XMLFragment in the request and insert it in the XSP with a <xsp:expr>

--
Sylvain Wallez