Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jukka Välimaa <va...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/16 14:55:45 UTC

Autocompleter tag issues

Hi all,

I'm trying to use struts 2 autocompleter tag, and having trouble doing so.
My first problem is that valueNotifyTopics attribute works only
incompletely.

When I've written something in the text field, even one letter is
sufficient, and pick the first option from the filtered list, the topic
specified in valueNotifyTopics doesn't get published. It doesn't matter
whether I use the keyboard or mouse to pick. Picking any other option in the
filtered list, or picking the first option in unfiltered list, publishes the
topic.

Here is my autocompleter code:
<sx:autocompleter key="address.city" id="city" name="cityID"
        list="%{#application.availableCities}" listKey="value"
listValue="label" value="%{city.name}"
        cssClass="text medium" valueNotifyTopics="/notifyPostalCodes"
forceValidOption="true" />

A second, less important problem, more of a curiosity: javascript events, at
least onclick and onchange, don't seem to work on autocompleter, unless I
remove key, name and id fields, at which point the autocompleter ceases to
be an autocompleter and becomes a select of some sort instead.

Any idea what might be wrong?