Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 15:13:28 UTC

Generate docx, odt report with Struts2 XDocReport Result

Hi Struts2 User,

If you need to generate docx (MS Word), odt (OpenOffice) report with
Struts2 (like Jasper), you can use
XDocReport<http://code.google.com/p/xdocreport/>
where you can design your odt, docx report with MS Word or OpenOffice by
using Velocity/Freemarker syntax to set fields to replace (no need to write
your report with XML like Jasper or use private designer, the designer of
the report is MS Word or OpenOffice).
Note just that XDocReport manages simple report (replace fields, manage
loop, condition, etc).

XDocReport provides org.apache.struts2.views.xdocreport.XDocReportResult
which is a Struts2 Result to generate report with docx, odt and convert it
to another format PDF/XHTML if you wish.
For XDocReport Struts2 Result please read
http://code.google.com/p/xdocreport/wiki/DocxReportingStruts2

We have used org.apache.struts2.views.xdocreport package name because if
Struts2 is interested with the XDocReport Result, we can gives you the code
(like you have done with Struts2 Jasper)

Struts2 developers, if you are interested to host the code of the Struts2
Result XDocReport, don't hesitate to contact me. We use Maven to build
XDocReport and you can use pom on the Maven central repository to have
dependencies to XDocReport.

Regards Angelo