Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/05 05:22:30 UTC

5.0.11 release soon?

I'm thinking that I'd like to create a 5.0.11 release this weekend,
for a monday vote.  I'm hoping that 5.0.12 can follow on pretty soon
and be a "release candidate".  Thoughts?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: 5.0.11 release soon?

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.
Because of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2238 a big part of
the AJAX+form support is broken and these things worked before the latest
FormInjector committs.
As a committer I should stop whining and fix it, but I thnk it's too close
to the parts Howard are working on right now.

2008/3/5, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>:

> I'm thinking that I'd like to create a 5.0.11 release this weekend,
> for a monday vote.  I'm hoping that 5.0.12 can follow on pretty soon
> and be a "release candidate".  Thoughts?
>

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship

/ted

Re: 5.0.11 release soon?

Posted by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com>.
There are at least 2 tickets that I'm trying to get in before the release:

TAPESTRY-2244 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2244> Add
@Once annotiation for caching method values
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2244>
TAPESTRY-1653 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1653>
Provide automatic ValueEncoders and PrimaryKeyEncoders for Hibernate
entities <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1653>

The second one is in progress and almost done. After that I'm going to
go through the list and pick out some others.

Re: 5.0.11 release soon?

Posted by Chris Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.
I'll second the concern about people holding out. In fact just yesterday
in the IRC channel someone said they were doing exactly that. On the
other hand I 'm a believer in the release early + often mantra, but for
me having a stable (read 'unchanging') api is sufficient for now as the
core seems quite stable.

Anyway, I quite like the idea of picking a few of the highest issues and
making them part of the last leg. I can't say I agree with choosing the
JS library issue as one of them, but that's because I'm inarguably
biased to prototype.

chris

Re: 5.0.11 release soon?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.