Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net> on 2016/10/26 00:04:50 UTC

Is there an insert Filename or insert Full Path Available?

AOO412m3(Build:9782)  -  Rev. 1709696
2015-10-21 09:53:29 (Mi, 21 Okt 2015)

WIN10x64

____________________

I would like to include the full path or filename within a CALC cell and
within the print range area.  Is this possible ?

Regards,

VinceB.

Re: Is there an insert Filename or insert Full Path Available?

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 26/10/16 11:04 AM, VinceB. wrote:
> AOO412m3(Build:9782)  -  Rev. 1709696
> 2015-10-21 09:53:29 (Mi, 21 Okt 2015)
>
> WIN10x64
>
> ____________________
>

> I would like to include the full path or filename within a CALC cell
> and within the print range area.  Is this possible ?

You can use  Insert-->Link to External Data to insert the Full Path into
your Cell, please keep in mind that your settings
in Tools-->Options-->Load/Save-->General will store Paths relative or
absolute.
Print Ranges only allow Call ranges

Posted by Vi...@Gmail, wa...@gmail.com.
On 10/25/2016 8:04 PM, VinceB. wrote:
> AOO412m3(Build:9782)  -  Rev. 1709696
> 2015-10-21 09:53:29 (Mi, 21 Okt 2015)
>
> WIN10x64
>
> ____________________
>

> I would like to include the full path or filename within a CALC cell
> and within the print range area.  Is this possible ?
>
> Regards,
>
> VinceB.

I am still struggling with this issue.  In AOO 4.1.2, *Calc*, I do not
find Insert >> Fields. I am not referring to AOO-Writer/Text Document.
Will check this out there also, but I vaguely recall having the function
available; it might have been MS Excel, however.

Yes, I am hoping that there is something available that works
automatically. :-) I do have fat fingers, am visually impaired, and am
an old fart nearly 72 in yrs.  There have been a few occasions where I
use split screen to view two Calc files on screen. A display of the
filename/full path of each opened Calc file would be helpful to me.
Having the Filename or Full Path appear in a printout is also helpful to
me.

I do appreciate the replies given, and any other comments that may arrive.

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
I have no computer access right now, but I think you can insert a field containing the current file name.

⁣

Sent from BlueMail

​

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 20:04 25/10/2016 -0400, Vince Bonly wrote:
>I would like to include the full path or filename within a CALC cell ...

A filename or path is simply a text string, so there is nothing to
stop your simply typing that into the cell, of course. What else do
you need to do?

If you don't trust yourself to type the path correctly, here is a workaround:
o Go to Insert | Hyperlink.
o In the sidebar, select Document.
o Click the Open File button to the right of Path.
o Browse to and select the required target file.
o Copy the text in the Path box - using the keyboard shortcut.
o Paste the text into the cell.

But remember that the path will not be updated if the spreadsheet or
target files are moved.

If you mean something automatic, as there is in a text (Writer)
document using Insert | Fields > | Other... | Document | File name |
Path/File name, then no: I don't think there is.

>... and within the print range area.

I think this is a red herring: any cell or cell range can be included
in the print range as desired.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Is there an insert Filename or insert Full Path Available?

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 10:58 27/10/2016 -0400, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:
>On 27.10.2016 00:00, Brian Barker wrote:

>>>Insert -> Fields-> Other... on document tab under type click
>>>filename and under Format click the format you want. That will
>>>insert the name of the current document in the format specified.
>>>You must save the document for the field to be populated.
>>
>>Sorry, but this works - of course - in a text (Writer) document.
>>The questioner wants the same functionality instead in a spreadsheet document.
>
>Thanks Brian, smack head.....
>
>Now that I have computer access, I see that you are correct. In
>Calc, you can use this, which includes the current sheet.
>
>CELL("filename")

Aha! Now my turn to smack head!

Brian Barker

Re: Is there an insert Filename or insert Full Path Available?

Posted by "VinceB." <wa...@verizon.net>.

On 10/27/2016 10:58 AM, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:
> On 27.10.2016 00:00, Brian Barker wrote:

>>> Insert -> Fields-> Other... on document tab under type click
>>> filename and under Format click the format you want. That will
>>> insert the name of the current document in the format specified. You
>>> must save the document for the field to be populated.
>>
>> Sorry, but this works - of course - in a text (Writer) document. The
>> questioner wants the same functionality instead in a spreadsheet
>> document.
>>
>> Brian Barker
>
> Thanks Brian, smack head.....
>
> Now that I have computer access, I see that you are correct.
>
> In Calc, you can use this, which includes the current sheet.
>
> CELL("filename")
>
> If you just want the URL without the sheet name, this will suffice:
>
> =MID(CELL("filename");2;FIND("'#";CELL("filename"))-2)
>
> I won't bother pulling out the filename without the path and URL.

Thank you Andrew. */=CELL("filename")/*   works for me ! !

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Andrew Pitonyak wrote:
> I have no computer access right now, but I think you can insert a field containing the current file name.

Insert -> Fields-> Other... on document tab under type click filename
and under Format click the format you want. That will insert the name of
the current document in the format specified. You must save the document
for the field to be populated.

Regards
Keith