Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/20 18:59:07 UTC

Requiring maven 3?

I think I recently argued that when installing features into a server we should insist all the dependencies are known to the poms involved.  Now I'd like to change my mind due to ease of implementation :-)

When assembling a server from kars and features using the karaf-assembly packaging I'd like to use Aether to find the dependencies that don't happen to be packed in kar files.  The code for this is really simple but requires maven 3.

In addition it looks like a bunch of other code changes in the plugin are needed, most of which are trivial or simplifications.

Thoughts?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Requiring maven 3?

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Also +1. Aether is quite a cool lib helping a lot during development.

Kind regards,
Andreas

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:33 AM,  <jb...@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> +1 on trunk to use Aether and so maven3.
>
> It's already plan to only support jdk6 and maven3 on trunk.
>
> Regards
> JB

Re: Requiring maven 3?

Posted by jb...@nanthrax.net.