Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by hilfi alkaff <hi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 01:05:52 UTC

Storm scheduling

Hi,

I'm trying to trace how Nimbus schedules the supervisors when a new task
comes in.

I'm currently looking at the function
<http://engineering.linkedin.com/distributed-systems/log-what-every-software-engineer-should-know-about-real-time-datas-unifying#>compute-new-topology->executor->node+port
in Nimbus.clj but I am having a hard time understanding the clojure code.
Could anybody explain how Nimbus does it briefly and if I'm looking at the
correct portion of the code.

Thanks a lot,

--
~Hilfi Alkaff

Re: Storm scheduling

Posted by 李家宏 <jh...@gmail.com>.
hi , Ruihao

actually, i need it. Thanks in advance

Regards

2013/12/20 Ruihao Ye <zj...@gmail.com>

> Only have a chinese blog that analysize some source code of storm. Do you
> need it?
>

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM, hilfi alkaff <hi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to trace how Nimbus schedules the supervisors when a new task
> > comes in.
> >
> > I'm currently looking at the function
> > <
> >
> http://engineering.linkedin.com/distributed-systems/log-what-every-software-engineer-should-know-about-real-time-datas-unifying#
> > >compute-new-topology->executor->node+port
> > in Nimbus.clj but I am having a hard time understanding the clojure code.
> > Could anybody explain how Nimbus does it briefly and if I'm looking at
> the
> > correct portion of the code.
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> >
> > --
> > ~Hilfi Alkaff

Gvain

Email: jh.li.em@gmail.com

Re: Storm scheduling

Posted by James Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you just want to understand the logic, you might want to look at these two files: https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/scheduler/EvenScheduler.clj?source=cc ,  https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/scheduler/DefaultScheduler.clj

If you want to write your custom scheduler, have a look at this post: http://xumingming.sinaapp.com/885/twitter-storm-how-to-develop-a-pluggable-scheduler/

- James Xu

Re: Storm scheduling

Posted by hilfi alkaff <hi...@gmail.com>.