Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2012/02/07 08:54:36 UTC

Gogo Shell Extensions

Hi all,

I created two extensions to the Felix Gogo Shell (FELIX-3340, FELIX-3341).

Are there any concerns to my just applying the patches ?

Regards
Felix

Re: Gogo Shell Extensions

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi Arjun,

Thanks for noting. This, of course, is a mistake. Updated the patch.

Regards
Felix

Re: Gogo Shell Extensions

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Hi Felix,

Re: Gogo Shell Extensions

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am 11.02.2012 um 20:40 schrieb Richard S. Hall:

> Felix,
>
> I think the FELIX-3340 certainly seems simple enough.

ok

> As for FELIX-3341, it isn't too complex either, although I'm not
> familiar enough with the Gogo shell details to say whether or not this
> is the best approach for a history command, but it doesn't seem too
> invasive, so it would be easy to replace if a better approach is
> discovered later.
>
> I don't know if it makes a difference, but your patch to Console.java
> uses System.out.println() while existing code uses the member variable
> out.println() instead.

Will do (missed that member variable)

> I'd also change the formatting to match the recommended style, since I
> believe it is used throughout the rest of the Gogo code.

Sure.

Regards
Felix

Re: Gogo Shell Extensions

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Am 11.02.2012 um 21:34 schrieb Derek Baum:

> These change look fine to me.
>
> Ultimately, I'd like to implement bash-style history and completion, but
> this requires putting the terminal into raw mode so that characters can be
> processed before <newline> is entered. Karaf uses jline to do this. RFC147
> (that gogo partially implements) specifies a Terminal service, that would
> allow external modules to provide features like command completion, but
> this is not yet implemented.

I considered adding JLine. But then I think our shell is simple and easy enough and just having the simple csh like history is a good addition.

If bash-style and ANSI control would be required, people might consider using the Karaf shell.

Regards
Felix

Re: Gogo Shell Extensions

Posted by Derek Baum <de...@baums.org.uk>.