Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/08 07:30:33 UTC

How can I use the wicketdate-time stuff with DateTime on my model?

Its a requirement for me that my domain entities have DateTime.

I'd like to use wicket-datetime (as described here)
http://www.nabble.com/my-domain-model-and-Joda-Time-td15660961.html#a15660961

I can see its internals are all DateTimey which is AWESOME!!

What is the easiest / quickest way of getting this stuff to work with
DateTime in my domain model.

I'm running 1.4m1.

What I'm toying with is compiling the project and applying the patch from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-466

But I'd rather have a simpler way - eg, extend or reimplement a class.

Re: How can I use the wicketdate-time stuff with DateTime on my model?

Posted by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com>.
Yeah i saw that (the patch file and zips).  Interesting stuff.

I ended up getting the source from svn, and just replacing Date with
DateTime.  The datatype features a lot more than I'd expected.

I'm normally the type of person who likes rollin their own components, but I
just don't have the time right now.

I already don't have enough time to do the app bit :)

I would encourage everyone to use Joda for every project!!

Posted by Patrick Angeles <pa...@inertiabev.com>.

Posted by Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com>.
I was hoping to wait for the next milestone to see what the fallout of all
the generics mods are.

The change between m1, m2, and m3 were significant.
Is it staying as it is in m3? (Ive checked the generics page on the wiki).

Rgds

Ned

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:30 AM, Ned Collyer <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Its a requirement for me that my domain entities have DateTime.
>
> I'd like to use wicket-datetime (as described here)
> http://www.nabble.com/my-domain-model-and-Joda-Time-td15660961.html#a15660961
>
> I can see its internals are all DateTimey which is AWESOME!!
>
> What is the easiest / quickest way of getting this stuff to work with
> DateTime in my domain model.
>
> I'm running 1.4m1.
>
> What I'm toying with is compiling the project and applying the patch from
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-466
>
> But I'd rather have a simpler way - eg, extend or reimplement a class.

Apache Wicket 1.3.4 is released