Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de> on 2019/03/21 11:56:05 UTC

Example of a C++ server with web client?

I'd like to show a simple status website for our Thrift C++ server.
I do not mind the specific web technology, javascript or webassembly
or anything, as long as a number of standard browsers can render the
page. For a start it would be sufficient to log in via SSL, and query
and display one or two simple string results.

I could find a number of docs that say that the impediment is the
missing webserver in C++. But there are many simple web server libraries
for C++ (i.e. https://gitlab.com/eidheim/Simple-Web-Server). Can someone
give me a hint how this all would play together? How would I create a
"hello world" example?

All the best,

    Mario Emmenlauer