Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wilfred Springer <Wi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/07/11 17:37:07 UTC

Dependency mayhem [m2]

All,

I'm trying to get the maven release plug-in working. My project
organization looks like this:

/bignumbers/bignumbers-core
           /bignumbers-parser
           /bignumbers-interpreter

Every directory mentioned above has its own pom.xml file. All
subdirectories refer to the pom from the /bignumbers directory as their
parent.

Other dependencies:
bignumbers-interpreter -> bignumbers-core
bignumbers-interpreter -> bignumbers-parser

Now the problem seems to be that m2 release:prepare fails since there
are dependencies on snapshot artifacts.

If I go to the root of this project, then m2 release:prepare results in
the files in /bignumbers directory being tagged. Then the build breaks,
since it notices that the parent of bignumbers-core hasn't been released
yet.

I don't get it.......

Wilfred

Wilfred Springer                Phone  : +31 (0)3 3451 5736
Software Architect              Mobile : +31 (0)6 2295 7321
Client Solutions                Fax    : +31 (0)3 3451 5734
Enterprise Web Services         Mail   : wilfred.springer@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Netherlands    AIM    : wilfred springer
http://blogs.sun.com/wilfred/

information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

Re: Dependency mayhem [m2]

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
We'll be working more on multiproject releases shortly. It's a thorn
in our own side come release time :)

- Brett

Re: Dependency mayhem [m2]

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.