Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2000/08/07 21:18:40 UTC

Re: Xalan Extension Element as a root level element

Alex Roytman asks:
>I noticed that if I put an extension element to the top level of my
>stylesheet they do not get invoked - just ignored.
>I would like to initialize certain global variables using my extensions
>but can't do it since extensions seems to be ignored when placed on
><xsl:stylesheet> level
>Is it intended to work like this?

It sure is, as described in Section 14.1 of the XSLT spec. Extension
elements are only recognized as template instructions. Interestingly,
xsl:variable and xsl:param can be at the top level, and they can
have template instructions inside. Have you tried that approach?
.................David Marston