Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2004/08/09 20:44:01 UTC

different seeds (was: Understanding linking)

> Your ideas are good. We can build on the infrastructure
> that we have. Perhaps we can can different seeds to suit
> various circumstances.

Hi group,

I thought a while ago about that. If you working with forrest on a daily
basis then the /forrest seed/ is not suitable IMO. You will end up
cleaning the seed before using it.

Here is a seed that I would like to have:

*seed-blank*
Seeds an empty forrest project with only an index.xml.

--site.xml------------------------------------------
<site label="MyProj" href="" tab="">
  <about label="About">
   <index label="Index" href="index.html"
	description="Welcome to MyProj"/>
  </about>
</site>

--tab.xml------------------------------------------
<tabs software="MyProj" title="MyProj" copyright="Foo">
  <tab id="" label="Home" dir="" indexfile="index.html"/>
</tabs>

WDYT?

King regards
thorsten

Re: different seeds (was: Understanding linking)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
 Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > > Your ideas are good. We can build on the infrastructure
> > > that we have. Perhaps we can can different seeds to suit
> > > various circumstances.
> >
> > I thought a while ago about that. If you working with forrest on a daily
> > basis then the /forrest seed/ is not suitable IMO. You will end up
> > cleaning the seed before using it.
>
> Yes, I think something like /forrest seed-basic/ and /forrest seed-sample/
> would be good.  seed-basic would be the bare essentials and and
> seed-sample would showcase all the different things you can do (perhaps
> deployed as an example on our website somewhere; and perhaps part of a
> test suite).

Sure. Would someone please add it to the Issue tracker.
We have plenty of work to do prior to the release. This
might not make it until 0.7 but we should put it on the list.

--
David Crossley

Re: different seeds (was: Understanding linking)

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal
http://www.splike.com : programming