Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sangeetha Srinivasan <sr...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/03/16 00:24:59 UTC

Running jmeter.bat from outside the installation bin directory

Hi,

I want to be able to run jmeter from command line outside of the bin dir.
For e.g: When I try to run it from "C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator>" directory, I get this error:

java.lang.Throwable: Could not access C:\Documents and Settings\lib
        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:89)
java.lang.Throwable: Could not access C:\Documents and Settings\lib\ext
        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.<clinit>(NewDriver.java:89)
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jmeter.JMeter
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:375)
        at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main(NewDriver.java:166)

Am I missing something in my set up? Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

San.

Re: Running jmeter.bat from outside the installation bin directory

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If the JMeter bin directory is on the path, the jmeter-n and jmeter-t
files currently work from anywhere - but that's because they change
the working directory to the directory in which they are found, i.e.
bin.

Perhaps "someone else" made a similar change to jmeter.bat?

Any work-round would need to do what JMeter currently does internally,
which is to look for all the jar files in lib and lib/ext and add them
to the classpath. You would also need to set JMeter home and/or
user.dir so it could find the various property files it needs, and
then start the main class directly - (using -jar overrides the
classpath).

Certainly possible, but rather messy, and if user.dir has to be set in
order to find some of the properties files, it may not achieve
anything.

S.

Posted by Sangeetha Srinivasan <sr...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.