Posted to users@camel.apache.org by tysonj <js...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/23 16:00:48 UTC

Reading multiple files in one exchange (Aggregation Strategy)

Hello all, sorry if this has been covered but this is my first post and I
have searched for ages for this solution.

I see that the from file:/ reader reads one file at a time, and creates an
exchange for each. But my requirement is that I set a from uri as a Quartz
timer, and I would then like to read an entire directory of files into an
aggregator, or an enricher, transforming their content into one body inside
one exchange.

I've tried Aggregating already, however I can't start this from a timer and
then read multiple files.

What is the best way to read an entire directory into one exchange?

Thank you;
Jack

Re: Reading multiple files in one exchange (Aggregation Strategy)

Posted by tysonj <js...@gmail.com>.
Hi again

So I have worked it out, using a batch consumer on a Quartz2 schedule

?scheduler=quartz2&amp;scheduler.cron=0+0+8+?+*+MON-FRI

I did not realise that you could specify a schedule on the file component!
That has solved everything, as I was trying to trigger a Quartz in the
"from", and then within the route read all these files in. That was getting
complicated.

Thank you;
Jack