Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp> on 2002/03/09 17:34:50 UTC

List dropping emails??

I posted two emails today.  They both showed up in the archives,
but I only got one in my mail box.  This happened a couple days ago as well.
Anyone else noticed this?  Or is just my server... :-/

Didn't get this one:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=101564438230944&w=2

Got this one:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=101564811603390&w=2

Cheers,
Leif

Re: List dropping emails??

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.
Jeff Turner wrote:

>Possibly it was stuck in a moderator queue?
>
>I once had all sorts of intermittent problems like this. Turned out that
>a misconfigured sendmail from work was sending my mail as
>"jeff@snow.socialchange.net.au", but from home it went as
>"jeff@socialchange.net.au". Depending on where I'd subscribed from, and
>where I sent an email from, my mail would get stuck in moderator queues.
>Horrible problem to debug, and I've been much more forgiving of "help I
>can't unsubscribe" people since ;) Possibly you've got something
>similar; check the "From" envelope header of the delayed msg, and check
>that it corresponds to the address you're subscribed as.

I compared all of the headers in the source of the mails.  They seem to
be identical.  The mails were
sent one hour apart.  The only difference was that the first mail seemed
to have gotten stuck
somewhere for about 10 hours.  Just so they are all making it eventually.

Thanks,
Leif

Re: List dropping emails??

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au>.
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 10:24:23AM +0900, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> Leif Mortenson wrote:
>
> > I posted two emails today.  They both showed up in the archives,
> > but I only got one in my mail box.  This happened a couple days ago as well.
> > Anyone else noticed this?  Or is just my server... :-/
> >
> > Didn't get this one:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=101564438230944&w=2
>

> Never mind, it showed up but about 18 hours after the next mail and after
> several other posts... ???

Possibly it was stuck in a moderator queue?

I once had all sorts of intermittent problems like this. Turned out that
a misconfigured sendmail from work was sending my mail as
"jeff@snow.socialchange.net.au", but from home it went as
"jeff@socialchange.net.au". Depending on where I'd subscribed from, and
where I sent an email from, my mail would get stuck in moderator queues.
Horrible problem to debug, and I've been much more forgiving of "help I
can't unsubscribe" people since ;) Possibly you've got something
similar; check the "From" envelope header of the delayed msg, and check
that it corresponds to the address you're subscribed as.

--Jeff

Re: List dropping emails??

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 12:24, Leif Mortenson wrote:
> > Didn't get this one:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=101564438230944&w=2
>
> Never mind, it showed up but about 18 hours after the next mail and after
> several other posts... ???

I get that a bit aswell for all the jakarta lists. I even had a latency of 6
days for some. I thought it was just me .. not sure what it is.

--
Cheers,

Pete

 "Man's mind stretched to a new idea never goes back to its original
dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes

Re: List dropping emails??

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.