Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Thilina Manamgoda <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/18 11:19:40 UTC

CWL "format" tag

Hi stain,

 This is an example of how format is defined in cwl tool.

$namespaces:
dct: http://purl.org/dc/terms/
foaf: http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/
doap: http://usefulinc.com/ns/doap#
adms: http://www.w3.org/ns/adms#
dcat: http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#
edam: http://edamontology.org/
inputs:
- id: input
type: File
The input file can be in BAM format
(Note: BAM _must_ be sorted by position)
or <bed/gff/vcf>
format: edam:format_2572 should i resolve edam in the namespaces and
display "http://edamontology.org/format_2572" or follow different approach ?

regards,
Thilina

Re: CWL "format" tag

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, I think just showing the URL is OK - loading the ontology to then
find the label there would be cool - but could be tricky to get
consistently working as ontology authors are not always so good at
making their URIs actually content-negotiatable or even to work at
all..

(And also of course it cause network hangs..)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718