Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Niteesh kumar <ni...@directi.com> on 2012/10/02 11:52:50 UTC

persistent connection among cluster nodes

while looking at netstat table i observed that my cluster nodes not
using persistent connection  to talk among themselves on port 9160 to
redirect request. I also observed that local write latency is around
30-40 microsecond, while its takes around .5 miliseconds if the chosen
node is not the node responsible for the key for 50K QPS. I think this
attributes to connection making time among servers as my servers are on
same rack.

does cassandra support  this feature to maintain persistent connection
among cluster nodes....

Re: persistent connection among cluster nodes

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:52 AM, Niteesh kumar <ni...@directi.com> wrote:
> while looking at netstat table i observed that my cluster nodes not using
> persistent connection  to talk among themselves on port 9160 to redirect
> request.

9160 is the thrift port.  This basically means your client sucks if
it's not pooling.

-Brandon

RE: persistent connection among cluster nodes

Posted by Jeremiah Jordan <JE...@morningstar.com>.
Cluster nodes don't talk on 9160.  Pretty sure they talk on "storage_port: 7000" from the yaml file.

-Jeremiah

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, look at OutboundTCPConnection.  It only reconnects if there is a
problem.  You can enable TRACE logging on that class to see what it
happens.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra