Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Adrian Popescu <po...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/26 18:58:15 UTC

index creation problem in a fully distributed hbase

Hello All,

I try to create some indexes in hbase with a code tested on a non-distributed installation. The problem is that my application which builds the indexes hangs immediately after creating partially the index: the .regioninfo file is created but not the actual index (__INDEX__ is not populated at all). I guess that there is a setting that I miss somewhere on the fully distributed installation but I don't know which. On the other hand I can load, scan tables from the hbase, so hbase is working...

Thank you,
Adrian

Re: index creation problem in a fully distributed hbase

Posted by Adrian Popescu <po...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the tip. Actually I realized that the code was working properly but it take some time until the INDEX folder get visible on hadoop.

Does anyone know ways to improve the indexing speed by using map-reduce ? addIndex from IndexedTableAdmin is quite expensive for large tables...

Thanks,
Adrian

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
Adrian,