Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/17 14:00:54 UTC

Is maven seeing another jar?

One of my projects module is failing to build with the message :

D:\M2-WORK\eportal-services\src\za\co\mycompany\portal\services\PersonServiceImpl.java:[111,69]
cannot find symbol
symbol  : method getClarifyAccountKey()
location: class za.co.mycompany.portal.Organisation

This class Organisation is in a jar called eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar
and its included in the classpath as shown from the m2 debug output
shown below:

DEBUG] Output directory: D:\M2-WORK\eportal-services\target\classes
[DEBUG] Classpath:
[DEBUG]  D:\M2-WORK\eportal-services\target\classes
[DEBUG]  D:\Documents and
Settings\mutonhj\.m2\repository\za\co\mycompany\eportal\eportal-domain\1.0.0\eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar
[DEBUG]  D:\Documents and
Settings\mutonhj\.m2\repository\javax\j2ee\j2ee\1.3.0\j2ee-1.3.0.jar

I opened the eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar  using winrar and opened the
Organisation.class file using cavaj(a decompiler) and the method
getClarifyAccountKey() exists in the class.

What am I missing?
--

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: Is maven seeing another jar?

Posted by dcabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Re: Is maven seeing another jar?

Posted by dcabasson <de...@insee.fr>.
http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.3-SNAPSHOT/maven-model/maven.html#class_project

"groupId :	A universally unique identifier for a project. It is normal to
use a fully-qualified package name to distinguish it from other projects
with a similar name (eg. org.apache.maven)."

It's common practice to use the top package name as groupId for the
artifact. Which could lead to a typo error in your case.

But it seems it's not the case and the names are different on purpose
(whatever this purpose is).

So, safe from a typo, I don't really see why this wouldn't work....

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

> Maybe you have some type worries. Seems to me you're looking for a
> za.co.mycompany.portal, while groupId is za.co.mycompany.eportal.

Thanks for your response .You might have misunderstood my
question."za.co.mycompany.portal" is just the name of the package( in
the code) where the class Organisation is located.That class is in the
jar eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar which is my repository as shown by the
debug message below.

Posted by dcabasson <de...@insee.fr>.
Hi,

Maybe you have some type worries. Seems to me you're looking for a
za.co.mycompany.portal, while groupId is za.co.mycompany.eportal.

That could be your point.

Denis.

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible you have a different copy of the jar somewhere else on
your classpath?  Such as in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext?  (This occurred
recently to a coworker of mine, so...)

- Stephen

On 7/17/06, Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One of my projects module is failing to build with the message :
>
> D:\M2-WORK\eportal-services\src\za\co\mycompany\portal\services\PersonServiceImpl.java:[111,69]
> cannot find symbol
> symbol  : method getClarifyAccountKey()
> location: class za.co.mycompany.portal.Organisation
>
> This class Organisation is in a jar called eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar
> and its included in the classpath as shown from the m2 debug output
> shown below:
>
> DEBUG] Output directory: D:\M2-WORK\eportal-services\target\classes
> [DEBUG] Classpath:
> [DEBUG]  D:\M2-WORK\eportal-services\target\classes
> [DEBUG]  D:\Documents and
> Settings\mutonhj\.m2\repository\za\co\mycompany\eportal\eportal-domain\1.0.0\eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar
> [DEBUG]  D:\Documents and
> Settings\mutonhj\.m2\repository\javax\j2ee\j2ee\1.3.0\j2ee-1.3.0.jar
>

> I opened the eportal-domain-1.0.0.jar  using winrar and opened the
> Organisation.class file using cavaj(a decompiler) and the method
> getClarifyAccountKey() exists in the class.
>
> What am I missing?
> --
>

> Jeff  Mutonho
>
> GoogleTalk : ejbengine