Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Allison, Bob" <ro...@qwest.com> on 2006/09/17 01:49:44 UTC

Installing a File From a Plugin

I am working with a plugin which connects Maven to a third-party tool
kit (GWT) that the user must download separately.  I would like to write
a Mojo that takes the directory where the kit was installed and the
version of the kit and installs the required jars into the Maven
repository (or maybe deploys to a corporate one).  The basic operation
of the Mojo would be as a script which does "mvn install:install-file"
on the jars in the installation directory when the user enters the
command "mvn gwt:install".  Anybody have a good idea or two on how to
accomplish this task?

Re: Installing a File From a Plugin

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Bob,

> I am working with a plugin which connects Maven to a third-party tool
> kit (GWT) that the user must download separately.  I would like to write
> a Mojo that takes the directory where the kit was installed and the
> version of the kit and installs the required jars into the Maven
> repository (or maybe deploys to a corporate one).  The basic operation
> of the Mojo would be as a script which does "mvn install:install-file"
> on the jars in the installation directory when the user enters the
> command "mvn gwt:install".  Anybody have a good idea or two on how to
> accomplish this task?

1) Extend the install:file-install mojo, with GWT specific stuff.
2) Add the install mojo as a dependency, and create the mojo from the
gwt:install mojo with the GWT specific stuff and execute it.
3) Any other ideas?

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--