Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roger Harrell <ro...@audiblefaith.com> on 2006/09/12 22:27:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod ssl with Apache 2.2.2

I'm in the process of migrating servers. New server running Apache 2.2.2. It
didn't come with mod_ssl.so. What's the current config for getting mod_ssl
up and running with Apache 2.2.2.

Thanks,
Roger

Re: [users@httpd] Mod ssl with Apache 2.2.2 SOLVED

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Roger Harrell wrote:
>>> I'm in the process of migrating servers. New server running Apache 2.2.2.
>>> It didn't come with mod_ssl.so. What's the current config for getting
>>> mod_ssl up and running with Apache 2.2.2.
>>
>> Otherwise, check your supplier's documentation.
>
> Uh, ok yeah. It didn't come installed by default. I installed mod_ssl and
> all is well. I'm surprised the default install didn't come with mod_ssl...

Because for some unfortunate users in some parts of the world, merely obtaining
and installing mod_ssl/openssl is a crime.  You would have to ask RH for their
reasoning, but the ASF disables mod_ssl unless the module is explicitly enabled
during ./configure.

RE: [users@httpd] Mod ssl with Apache 2.2.2 SOLVED

Posted by Roger Harrell <ro...@audiblefaith.com>.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674

Re: [users@httpd] Mod ssl with Apache 2.2.2

Posted by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com>.
The you  need to install/update mod_ssl rpm a well
(mod_ssl-2.2.2-1.2.i386.rpm). Config steps for mod_ssl for 2.2.X are
almost the same that for 2.0.XX

Posted by Roger Harrell <ro...@audiblefaith.com>.

Posted by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com>.