Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Apekshit Sharma <ap...@cloudera.com> on 2018/01/20 00:25:18 UTC

Temporary jenkins job to run tests for 2.0 against hadoop3

Here's the job: https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-2.0-hadoop3-tests
(Still trying to make it work).

Why do we need separate temporary job?
- Jenkins pipeline doesn't yet support running step B if step A fails, and
our hadoop2 tests (which run before hadoop3 tests) always fail.
- Parallelizing two test runs will require some major refactor of
Jenkinsfile. Will need to split out test run into separate job so that they
can run on different machines. Single Apache machine isn't big enough to
run our two mvn test executions simultaneously.

Other better suggestions to make the same happen would be great!

-- Appy

Re: Temporary jenkins job to run tests for 2.0 against hadoop3

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks Appy. We need this.