Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Inoshiro Linden <in...@lindenlab.com> on 2010/02/17 03:26:37 UTC

broker header installation problem for qpid 0.6-release branch.

Hello,

I've run a git clone of qpid and then selected branch 0.6-release.
The revision shown with "git log --max-count=1" is commit
09f2cb481e171a5004037ce99d8576dca406d5e5.

When I run "make install" many header files are installed under
/usr/include/qpid/ but the directory /usr/include/qpid/broker is
empty.  Therefore the dependency checks in the persistence module
fail.

How do I install these broker headers?

Regards,
Inoshiro Linden

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: broker header installation problem for qpid 0.6-release branch.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On 02/24/2010 01:36 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 02/19/2010 01:59 AM, Inoshiro Linden wrote:
>> Hello, I've received no followup on this, but people on the IRC
>> channel suggested it was a bug. Therefore I filed an issue:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2414
>
> Actually I believe that was - at least in some sense - deliberate. In
> 0.6 the set of published headers have been cut down to those needed for
> building applications. None of the broker headers are published on
> install any more (reflecting the fact that the apis are in no way stable).
>
> However that does mean that to build the store you have to point it at
> the source of your qpid build. (You will also need to use a particular
> revision of the store that matches the 0.6 release).
>
> Kim/Alan, either of you have anything to add on this?

The comment in the JIRA is correct - using --with-qpid-checkout is the way to
build the store.
Is there a build HOWTO in the store code that can be updated with this info if
its not already there?

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Inoshiro Linden <in...@lindenlab.com>.
Hello, I've received no followup on this, but people on the IRC
channel suggested it was a bug.  Therefore I filed an issue:

I attempted to be as detailed as possible.  Please let me know if I
can provide more details.

Regards,
Inoshiro Linden