Posted to user@struts.apache.org by giglian <an...@smurfitkappa.it> on 2007/11/30 14:30:20 UTC

localization

my web app display message in jsp page ( using <s:text name="......."/>)
always in one language.
I have two localization files (package.properties and package_it.properties
in the same folder), and I always get the messages in Italian language even
if the client language is English (en-us).
Rather in my production environment (O.S. Windows Server 2003 English), the
same web app always displaying the same messages in English language even if
the client language (IE 6) is Italian (it).
I tried to do everythings but with any result.
Please help me to solve this issue.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Andrea

Re: localization

Posted by giglian <an...@smurfitkappa.it>.
I tried using the example application (struts2-blank-2.0.11.war) and it
working fine using package_es.properties and package.properties, that is I
getting the messages in the right language.
I get the same result using package_fr.properties rather than
package_es.properties.
But if I rename the package_es.properties in package_it.properties, it did't
work, that is the messages are always displayed in the O.S. language.
Anyone can help me? I'm becoming crazy...
Is this a bug related with the "it" extension ???
Thank's for your time!

Andrea

Re: localization

Posted by "Kropp, Henning" <hk...@microlution.de>.
This would be the place to look for:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/i18n-interceptor.html

btw... There are some broken links at
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/localization.html

Especially the link to sitemesh plugin ought to be:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/sitemesh-plugin.html
instead of
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/S2PLUGINS/sitemesh-plugin.html

And the links to ValidationAware, Action... are also broken.

regards

mgainty@hotmail.com schrieb:
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/localization.html
>
> M--