Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marcello Marangio <m....@tno.it> on 2005/03/14 11:53:17 UTC

Fetchmail and multiple recipients (I try again)

Hi all.
I try again with my fetchmail problem.

I configured fetchmail in the following way (One account, Many Users):

<accounts>
   <account user="pecu1" password="*****" recipient="errors@mydomain"
ignorercpt-header="false"/>
</accounts>
<recipientnotfound defer="false" reject="false" leaveonserver="false"
markseen="false"/>

I see that when a mail from a remote sender is addressed to more than one
recipient, the fetch task fails because it tries to find a non-existent
"for" keyword in the "Received:" header.
I see from the rfc of the smtp protocol that the "for" keyword is optional,
but I don't understand if there is another header to check (other than
"Received") to find out the intended recipient of a mail.
The external mail serverfrom which my james instance fetches the mail is a
Postfix, which inserts an "X-Original-to:" header to identify the real
recipient upon receiving a multiple recipients email. I think I'll modify
the MessageProcessor to get this header instead of "Received:" , when a mail
is addressed to multiple recipients.

Now my questions:
1) is there a way to solve this problem through a different fetchmail
configuration? I tried the other configuration suggested int he
documentation, but they did't help.
2) Isn't it possible that nobody ever had the same problem????
3) Isn't a modification to MessageProcessor a bit "drastic"?

Please help.
Cheers
Marcello Marangio