Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jerry Lam <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/13 18:13:36 UTC

HBase Action

Hello Oozie users,

Anyone has experienced to run a HBase MapReduce job via oozie?
I couldn't find any information in the Oozie documentation about it and
only find a couple of Stack Overflow QA that describes how to do it. One of
them suggests to run the HBase MapReduce job as a java program (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12559311/how-to-schedule-hbase-map-reduce-job-by-oozie/12580389#12580389).
Is this the way to go or there is a better way now (the post is last year
and probably out-dated)?

Best Regards,

Jerry

Re: HBase Action

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
You need to write a java action that launches the hbase mapreduce job. The
scan information cannot be encapsulated as a readable config for mapreduce
as it serializes lot of information.

Regards,
Rohini