Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Erik Dasque <er...@frenchguys.com> on 2007/12/13 17:14:16 UTC

SA can't find VBounce.pm

Hi all,

strangely, I am getting this error message, since an upgrade, a few
months ago:

plugin: failed to parse plugin /etc/mail/spamassassin/VBounce.pm:
Can't locate /etc/mail/spamassassin/VBounce.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/local/
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i686-linux /usr/
local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl) at /usr/local/
lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/PluginHandler.pm line 97.

I can find VBounce.pm in the following directory: /usr/local/lib/
perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin

but PluginHandler doesn't seem to be looking for it there ? Any idea
how to solve it ? I'd love to have VBounce since spammers seem to be
sending fake emails using addresses at my domain.

Thanks in advance,

Erik Dasque
--
Check out my photos : http://www.frenchguys.com/gallery

Re: SA can't find VBounce.pm

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 03:27:28PM -0500, Erik Dasque wrote:
> I wish I could do that but I can't find that reference anywhere.
>
> 20_vbounce.cf:# response to mail you really *did* send.  See 'perldoc
> VBounce.pm' for more
> 20_vbounce.cf:loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::VBounce VBounce.pm
> 20_vbounce.cf:ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::VBounce

delete this cf file.

> Where would a config file reference it you think ?

it's in the cf file above.  the full path is implied by the loadplugin line,
located in a cf file (eww) in /etc/mail/spamassassin.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.

Re: SA can't find VBounce.pm

Posted by Erik Dasque <er...@frenchguys.com>.
Hmmm,

I wish I could do that but I can't find that reference anywhere.

20_vbounce.cf:# response to mail you really *did* send.  See 'perldoc
VBounce.pm' for more
20_vbounce.cf:loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::VBounce VBounce.pm
20_vbounce.cf:ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::VBounce
grep: sa-update-keys: Permission denied
v320.pre:# VBounce - anti-bounce-message rules, see rules/20_vbounce.cf
v320.pre:loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::VBounce

Where would a config file reference it you think ?

ed@li9-234:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin$
spamassassin --version
SpamAssassin version 3.2.3
   running on Perl version 5.8.8