Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/03/13 03:58:37 UTC

Please Release commons logging --

So a little bird told me that Commons logging was basically done, but
unreleased.  We'd like to use it for the Jakarta POI 1.5 release to
solve all of our logging whoas.

What needs to be done to get this out the door?  How can I help??

Thanks,

Andy
--
http://www.superlinksoftware.com
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi - port of Excel/Word/OLE 2 Compound

Re: Please Release commons logging --

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On 12 Mar 2002, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> So a little bird told me that Commons logging was basically done, but
> unreleased.  We'd like to use it for the Jakarta POI 1.5 release to
> solve all of our logging whoas.

I believe 1.0 was released few weeks ago.

We may need a 1.1 release, some interesting patches were applied.

Costin

Re: Please Release commons logging --

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Ahh sorry, in all the many messages I got around that time, I missed the
one that actually released it!

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On 12 Mar 2002, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

> Date: 12 Mar 2002 21:58:37 -0500
> From: Andrew C. Oliver <ac...@apache.org>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Please Release commons logging --
>
> So a little bird told me that Commons logging was basically done, but
> unreleased.  We'd like to use it for the Jakarta POI 1.5 release to
> solve all of our logging whoas.
>
> What needs to be done to get this out the door?  How can I help??

Well, you could go grab the 1.0 release :-)

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-logging/v1.0

There have been some bugfixes since then, so a 1.0.1 release is probably
in order fairly soon.

> Thanks,
>
> Andy

Craig