Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Selvam Raman <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/07 13:01:49 UTC

How to stop Nifi workflow automatically

Hi,

I am running a NIFI workflow which will run for 2 to 3 hour. is there
provision to stop the flow automatically once it is done without manual
intervention.

--
Selvam Raman
"லஞ்சம் தவிர்த்து நெஞ்சம் நிமிர்த்து"

Re: How to stop Nifi workflow automatically

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Selvam

NiFi isn't  oriented around jobs which get executed and finish.  It is
oriented around continuous streams of data delivery.  So with that
thinking there is no mechanism to say "run this processor for X time
units".  There was some discussion a while back about adding that to
the scheduling criteria though such that a source processor

Could you describe your use case a bit more?  In your case will you
manually start the flow and you just want it to stop executing after a
period of time?  What about data that might still be in the flow?
Does it have to stop or would it be ok for only the source processor
to automatically stop so that the others will process data until it is
gone?

Thanks
Joe