Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Topple, Simon" <Si...@uk.experian.com> on 2003/04/08 15:39:53 UTC

RE: wanted: pure fast apache servlet enginge without jsp etc. + A SCII/ISO Enc. Prob.

No switch for this but you could set the environent variable "TOMCAT_OPTS"
to -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1, or manually modify the startup script to
include this as one of the tomcat parameters.

>>Also I have a file.encoding problem with tomcat 4.1.24
>>(Encoding should be ISO8859-1 but defaults to ASCII)
>>Is there a switch in the tomcat configs or elsewhere?

of this email.

Re: wanted: pure fast apache servlet enginge without jsp etc. + A SCII/ISO Enc. Prob.

Posted by codedummy <co...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

That was what i tried. But with no success. After installing the locals on
debian again AND configure de_DE it works

Thanks
Peter