Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/23 14:53:56 UTC

Lenya.continuation of 1.2.4

Hi:
   i am having prob about lenya.continuation parameter, can i pass a
leny.continuation parameter as hidden parameter like one used in
'...admin/users/profile.xsl'
it would be much better for me if some one can explain what happens behind
the scene of following lines taken from profile.xsl using 1.2.4
<form method="GET" accept-charset="UTF-8">
          <input type="hidden" name="lenya.continuation"
value="{/page/continuation}"/>
 i would like to know the value of "{/page/continuation}" when the form is
submitted

thanks in advance

Re: Lenya.continuation of 1.2.4

Posted by so...@apache.org.
On 8/23/06, Jay <ja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>    i am having prob about lenya.continuation parameter, can i pass a
> leny.continuation parameter as hidden parameter like one used in
> '...admin/users/profile.xsl'
> it would be much better for me if some one can explain what happens behind
> the scene of following lines taken from profile.xsl using 1.2.4
> <form method="GET" accept-charset="UTF-8">
>           <input type="hidden" name="lenya.continuation"
> value="{/page/continuation}"/>
>  i would like to know the value of "{/page/continuation}" when the form is
> submitted

GET adds all the fields to the querystring, so the hidden field is
returned to Lenya as:
   http://...&lenya.continuation={xxx}
where {xxx} is the value of the /page/continuation node from the XML
that was sent to the XSLT that includes your example code.  Since the
FORM has no ACTION attribute, submitting returns to the same URL as
the current webpage.  Something in Lenya's XMAP must check for the
lenya.continuation parameter and use:
   <map:call continuation="{xxx}"/>
to return to the JavaScript Flow.

Typical use of Flow puts the continuation in the path rather than the
querystring:
   http://.../{xxx}_en.more
so the parameter can be retrieved using map:match:
      <map:match pattern="**/*_*.more">
        <map:call continuation="{2}"/>

You may find my notes about Flow useful:
   http://solprovider.com/lenya/flow

solprovider

P.S. Unless you are developing the core of Lenya for a future release,
this question belonged on the User ML.