Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/09/01 23:21:34 UTC

Re: Purpose of the file modification date methods in Directory?

: Right, and those methods (IndexReader.lastModified and
: IndexCommit.lastModified) aren't used at all.  I guess what I meant to say

they aren't used internal in Lucene, but they are part of the public API,
so client code (apps built using Lucene) may expect them to work for their
own internal purposes.

-Hoss

Re: Purpose of the file modification date methods in Directory?

Posted by cemerick <ce...@snowtide.com>.
Fair enough.  This Directory impl is really only useful in conjunction with
other usage of the jdbm embedded database -- I can't imagine people layering
other Lucene-dependent projects on top (like Solr or whatever).

I suppose if that time ever comes, I'll revisit the issue. :-)

- Chas