Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Brown <dw...@webitplanet.com> on 2002/12/06 18:15:08 UTC

Re: Configurion tomcat

Fabricio B. Teixeira writes:

> I want to install TomCat in my computer but i don´t
> know if it requires a hard configuration time. Could
> you please tell me the dificulties in configurin
> tomcat.
>
> Fabricio

Hello Fabrocio, 4 a question like this u will want to get the right folks'
attention. impart this info: type of environment tc server will run under.
type/version of: os, tc u plan to install, vendor software that may conflict
or already uses a modified tc or modified os, jdk, j2ee.jar. there r many
variables. generally, tc is not difficult to configure but the mistakes many
users make is not digging deep enough and reading and studying the tomcat
docs enough b4 they goto the ml's like this one. also, config depends on the
background of the user. someone w/ a heavy admin and development background
in the computer industry at large but unrelated field may fair better on
config than someone who does not have a similar background. u will have to
ask urself how much learning curve to u need to overcome to get what u want
from a tc configuration/install. hope this helps, david.