Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Yoann HENRY <y....@proxiad.com> on 2007/11/21 11:01:33 UTC

XPath Request Into XML File

Hi,

I would like to know if we can made an XPath query into an XML file saved as
a binary in the JCR repo.

I have saved an XML file into a Node (myFileNode) and I would like to get
some informations saved in the file.

JCR Structure:

/

|- myFileNode

|             |-jcr:contains (property)

|                             |-XML file as binary

|-anOtherNode

XML file:

<root>

  <child1>

    <child12>the value to find</child12>

  </child1>

</root>

XPath query:

//myFileNode[jcr:contains]/child1/child12

I would like to obtain the value of the element named child12.

I tested with the query above and it doesn’t work, it looks for a Node named
“child1” or it must go into the XML file to find it.

Is there a solution to do it??

Thanks

cid:image001.jpg@01C7BCCA.C5A37CB0

Yoann HENRY

ProxiAD IDF

12, rue de la chaussée d'Antin

75009 Paris

( : 01 49 49 05 38

Fax : 01 49 49 05 40

) : 06 87 33 83 95

+:  <ma...@proxiad.com> y.henry@proxiad.com

RE: XPath Request Into XML File

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl>.

> Hi,

> I would like to know if we can made an XPath query into an
> XML file saved as a binary in the JCR repo.

No this is not possible. XPath queries are done on nodes and properties.
If you need to query the xml with XPath, I think you should either store
every xml element as a node and attribute as a property (though this
might get way to big ofcourse) or fetch the xml binary file and parse
it.

Ard